Get my vegan Chocolate Courgette Brownies recipe. It’s moist and chocolatey, with pecans and zucchini.
Hello, brownies! Hello vegan, vegetable-filled, quick and easy brownies! *waves and wipes crumbs from chin*. These brownies have that traditional chewy texture, crunch of nuts, ooze of melted chocolate and are absolutely FILLED with grated courgette (zucchini to my North American friends).
Get the recipe for chocolate courgette brownies with pecans
- 250g (2 cups, shredded) raw courgette
- 200g (1 cup) granulated sugar
- 120ml (½ cup) vegetable oil
- 225g (2 cups) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 25g (1/4 cup) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 120g (3/4 cup) chopped pecans
- 50g (1/2 cup) chopped dark chocolate (vegan if desired)
- Preheat oven to 175C/350F. Grease an 8x8 pan with oil.
- Grate the unpeeled raw courgette (zucchini) and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix all ingredients except the courgette, pecans and chopped chocolate, with an electric mixer until it resembles fine crumbs. Stir in the courgette, nuts and chocolate, then pour into the prepared pan and bake for 25 minutes or until lightly pressing the centre feels firm. Cool in the pan for a few minutes, then turn out onto a rack to cool. Cut and serve.